At Cogniva we create unique and innovative products to help our clients understand, manage, and make use of the information they generate. We offer a friendly, diverse, engaged team-based atmosphere, low on formality and high on productivity, with a strong emphasis on work and life balance.
What we are looking for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements, culminating in the creation of business requirements documents, use cases and system interface design.
- Access project requirements using various feedback techniques, including interviews, document analyses, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions and use cases.
- Critically evaluate information, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level; information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general one and distinguish user requests from organizational needs.
- Map organizational business flows and processes.
- Liaise between internal / external customers, technology teams, business units and support teams.
- Drive & challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
- Perform information modeling in support of C3 implementations.
- Perform cost / benefit analysis of implementing new C3 functionalities.
- Provide advice in developing and integrating C3 models to automate information governance.
- Provide advice in defining new requirements and opportunities for applying efficient and effective C3 solutions; identify and help establish preliminary costs of potential options.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Develop logical data models, metadata schemas.
- Prepare presentations, attend meetings and conduct any other associated tasks as periodically identified by the company’s senior executive.
- Assist Cogniva’s management team in preparing responses to bids and proposals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Personal experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and required methodologies;
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts and under the direction of project managers;
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into an application and operational requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of the Government of Canada rules, tools and resources for Information Management. This includes all policy frameworks, directives and standards;
- Understanding of Global Regulatory Information Management initiatives (e.g., GDPR);
- University / College education in a related field or a combination of education and experience.
* We recognize the importance and value of diversity and inclusiveness and promote the concept of positive space that allows the development and empowerment of each individual.
- Prior experience building a company’s information architecture would be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (English / French) would be considered an asset;
- Prior experience working with Federal Government.