We create unique and innovative products to help our clients understand, manage, and make use of the information they generate through a combination of AI and business modelling approaches. We offer a friendly, diverse, engaged team-based atmosphere, low on formality and high on productivity, with a strong emphasis on work/life balance.
What we are looking for:
We are currently in search of a Senior Software Developer to help us maintain and extend our product suite built on the Microsoft .NET technology stack, and help us on our journey to modernize our legacy application and migrate to Microsoft Azure. The Senior Software Developer will take on leadership of specific projects and be responsible for the technical direction as well as keeping the management team informed on progress and any challenges with the projects under their direction, with the bulk of their effort focused directly on software development and design work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Develop and maintain new and existing products.
- Work with other senior technical staff to modernize our legacy client/server infrastructure.
- Perform and respond to code reviews.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience across several roles and areas of the technology stack.
- Experience acting in a senior technical role.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
Cogniva recognizes the importance and value of diversity and inclusiveness and promotes the concept of positive space that allows the development and empowerment of each individual.
- Experience acting in a technical leadership role.
- Experience building cloud-native applications or migrating legacy applications to the cloud.
- Experience in an Agile-based development environment.
- Experience with cloud-agnostic deployment tools (Terraform, Octopus Deploy).
- Experience developing for Microsoft 365.
- Experience working in Information Science and Data Governance would be considered an asset.
- University/College degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field; or a relevant combination of education and experience.